AutoCAD is used mainly by drafters, although engineers, surveyors and architects may need to use the software from time to time. AutoCAD is a 2D and 3D computer-aided drafting software used in the field of architecture, construction and manufacturing to assist in the preparation of blueprints and other engineering plans. Professional who uses AutoCAD is often referred to as drafter (you can become one today). Drafters work in a number of specialties (the six most common specialization areas are mechanical drafting, architectural drafting, civil drafting, electrical drafting, electronics drafting and aeronautical drafting).
CAD just stands for computer-aided design. This technology has changed the way a lot of people complete their work. CAD has helped a wide variety of professionals see new ideas and create new ideas all with a computer program. The need for people who can use these CAD software programs has increased greatly over the years. It is less expensive to look at a variety of ideas on a computer than with most other methods. With a CAD software program you can create nearly anything you want, such as blueprints for a building, designs for furniture, even lay out road markings, and so much more.
Here are some professionals who use CAD software programs or hire someone who does:
- Landscape Architects
- Fashion Designers
- Interior Designers
- And More
Have you ever wondered what people out there do with AutoCAD? Or what the possibilities are?
Well, here’s some kind of unusual ways of making money with AutoCAD that may give you ideas about what you could do or get into.
If you could learn how to use AutoCAD software, you would be a great asset to nearly any design or building business. You could become an AutoCAD designer earning a huge sum of money per hour depending on your skill levels and your clients.
- Ø Begin your CAD designer business by downloading some free trial CAD software and teaching yourself how to use a variety of them. Some clients will prefer one CAD software program over others, so you should learn the most popular ones, or create an expertise in just one particular CAD software program. This learning process should take a few weeks so you can learn how to design and develop computer generated designs, blueprints, and more.
- Ø Your main expense will be in purchasing the proper CAD software program and then you can start to market your services to a variety of businesses. You can sign up for freelance websites and bid on projects for those who need CAD designers. You should get some business cards, set up some flyers in your local area, send out direct mail to your area, and set up a website for your business.
- Ø With your website you can create some designs just for show, because potential clients will want to see what you can do. Organize your designs on your website, offer some interesting information and resources for CAD designing, make it easy for potential clients to contact you via email, phone, fax, etc. You could do CAD designing in your spare time to get extra money or create a serious small business for yourself, the demand is there – you just need to supply the service.
- Ø You can also use the freelance working method to make money in the AutoCAD business (i.e. selling your services to employers without a long-term commitment to any of them). You can do so by visiting some freelance sites and signing up to create a portfolio. Once that is done, you can then browse through all of the different offers of people looking for a freelancer who knows AutoCAD and give them a bid on how much you will do the job.
- Ø You can also use the house layout/designs method (you can do this by visiting some sites that can permit submission of house designs. Submit the house design you have made, the site will then help you sell them)
- Ø Speed up your design process so as to commence a new one. Don’t delay in a particular design. Ensure you are very fast and accurate in your design.
- Ø The amount of money you can make online (doing anything now-a-days) is unlimited. When it comes to AutoCAD, the amount of money you make freelancing or designing house layouts all depend on how good your skills are and how much time you spend on a certain project.
- Ø With patience and diligence, however, you should be able to operate and make designs using AutoCAD after some time. Once you master AutoCAD, you can find employment in various fields such as architectural design, furniture design, and even animation.